It is time to start thinking about nominations for the
2024 Alaska National Distinguished Principal!!
National Distinguished Principal Information
Eligibility for nominees:
• is a member of NAESP prior to submitting their application in May;
• is an active principal of a school in which a commitment to excellence is clearly evident;
• has been an active principal for at least five years;
• will remain in active service in a position of school leadership during the school year in which he/she will serve as NDP;
• shows a strong commitment to the principalship through active membership in professional associations;
• is respected by students, colleagues, parents, and the community at large;
• assumes an active role in his/her community, distinguishing himself/herself as a leader in civic, religious, or humanitarian activities;
• shows strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students; and
• maintains an orderly, purposeful learning environment.
ALL completed applications are due in FEBRUARY each year to the President -elect of AAESP. Lori Ruckdaschel
Alaska's National Distinguished Principals
MEET SOME OF THE PAST NDP'S FROM ALASKA