AAESP and AASSP membership does many things, such as:
- We put on the Annual Principals' Conference and NASSP and NAESP put on a summer one for the whole US
- Sends members to Juneau and D.C. to discuss legislative issues and concerns (There are also people in DC advocating on our behalf year-round.)
- Provides you with liability coverage if you need professional legal support (Utilized more than you might think!)
- Offers a variety of discounts included with your membership (insurance, car rental, office supplies and more)
- Sends you current legislative updates
- Enrolls you in the National Organization, NAESP and two other state organizations
- Delivers mentorship to new principals
- Free and discounted PD for principals (including credit opportunities)
- Statewide networking with other great principals
- Monthly newsletters
- Alaska Airlines supported National Distinguished Principal, Principal of the Year and Assistant Principal Award Programs
- Member support as needed (mentoring, visits, PD, etc.)
- AND MORE.. just tell us what you need and we will do our best to help you
- Monthly meetings with our Commissioner and other statewide leaders for updates, PD and Collaboration
Why Should I Join NASSP?
Principals need and deserve comprehensive support to advance their career and lead their schools to success. The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) provides robust professional development and resources to principals, assistant principals, and school leaders from across the United States and 35 countries around the world. NASSP members are part of a powerful network of school leaders who are committed to the success of each and every student. The support that NASSP provides its members is unparalleled and includes:
- Leadership Networks: a supportive and safe space to connect, collaborate, and problem-solve with fellow school leaders from across the country who have similar lives experiences.
- Principal Leadership: NASSP’s award-winning magazine, published 9 months per year, that focuses on school leaders’ real needs, offering practical, hands-on strategies for school improvement.
- Principal’s Update: a members-only e-newsletter from NASSP, delivered Monday-Friday, that highlights the latest developments in education policy and education news from around the world.
- Leading Success: a toolkit for school leaders that integrates current research, planning strategies, and implementation tools with video interviews and real-world examples of school improvement strategies.
- Insurance and legal coverage: access to professional liability insurance, legal fee reimbursement, accidental death insurance, and group term life insurance that’s competitively priced, portable, and available to family members.
- School of Thought blog: a wealth of information and research on emergent education issues from practicing school leaders and education experts.
- Recognition programs: participation in the NASSP National Principal of the Year and National Assistant Principal of the Year programs.
- Nationwide advocacy efforts: engagement in NASSP programs to amplify school leaders’ voices on crucial issues in the halls of Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the White House, and the national news media.